Friday, June 8, 2012

Know Your Worth and Wait on it!!

     It bothers me to see beautiful woman settling for less then they are worth because they choose to not follow the guidance of God, lack the ability to see the beauty inside themselves, and have not developed the patience to wait on God. Psalm 27:14 declares Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" We have to clearly understand that God makes no mistakes, and can see the bigger picture concerning our lives. I am not so saved that I cant speak about my mistakes. I never thought I was very attractive, and let attention from guys dictate my feelings of attraction. I did not know myself, love myself, or value myself as a result of this I allowed myself to be in relationships with guys who treated me bad, broke me emotionally, and played me like Monopoly.
     When I gave God my life I was a mess. Not a little one but a super sized one!! I had issues of abandonment, no standards, and a lack of love for myself. God changed all of that and he did that by setting me apart from everything and everybody I was dependent on. He planted a seed in me when I was saved, and set me apart to cultivate that seed. He is still cultivating me. I made the choice to follow God's guidance in every area of my life. Ohhhh when I did that the guys that I used to be attracted to I wasn't anymore, things I used to take from those guys I refused to stand for anymore. God gave me value when he chose me and remained faithful in his love for me.
     I established values and worth, and I refused to compromise those values. Those values came from my allowing the Word of God to become rooted on the inside of me. If God loved me enough to accept me as the mess I was, and change my thoughts and perspective then why should I contradict God's love with unhealthy relationships. When you have the love of Christ on your side you wont settle for someone who doesn't walk in that same love. God will give you discernment that will allow you to see the heart and motives of people interested in a relationship with you.
     If you are waiting on God to bless you with a companion I cant promise you the wait will be easy, but waiting on God is so much more fulfilling then settling. During your season of being single God can speak to your heart, cultivate those areas that have been a issue for you in the past, and draw you closer to him through love. If your desire to be married, then the first thing you need to do is draw close to God because he is the only one who can lead you in the direction of that person.

So what am I asking:

1.) Create values for your life that are representative of The Bible and God.
2.) Focus on a relationship with Christ not a earthly relationship.
3.) Know that God has a plan for your life and knows what you need and want and is faithful to bless you with those things.
4.) Understand you are beautiful and should be loved as Christ loves.
5.) DON'T pursue a relationship with a man pursue a relationship with Christ and he will send you your husband. God doesn't need you to do his job!
6.) Carry yourself with respect and you will receive respect.
7.) Understand that waiting exercises your patience and keeps you in Gods will. Settling places you outside of Gods will and can put you smack dab in the middle of an unhappy relationship.
8.) Don't entertain temptation. Don't place yourself in a position to sin.
9.) Get to know God and what plans he has for you. There are things he wants "single" you to fulfill before he ushers you into "married" you.
10.) If a guy isn't talking commitment and pushes you away from Christ. Or if he is not saved with an intimate relationship with Christ----> God didn't sent him!!

     II Thessalonians 3:3 states, "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." God is faithful to his plan for you, he will establish you in his time, and he will always keep you from the attempts of the devil. Draw near to him, ask him for guidance, and know that he will keep you if you let him. Nothing is easy, there will be days when you have to ignore your feeling and depend on your faith. Walk in the Spirit, and the end result will be amazing!!

God Bless you and keep you!

Kiva

No comments:

Post a Comment