Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm Lost...


“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”

I Peter 5:8

I mean I always had a feeling yet I repressed it. Looked back on who I used to be and the Word that I once stood on, and it seemed to be nothing more than a memory...

There was power in my praise! There was truth in my words....the words that God spoke through me. Yet my ways became more important than God's way. I settled for less when he had so much more for me. So close to my season, but I settled for seasons past. I fell victim to what was once familiar and headed down the road of formally loosing myself. Sometimes you don't see the enemy until you've panted yourself into a corner, and can seem to determine just how you will get out of this spot. I'm stuck, and the paint is wet!! I settled for a love that was not of God. A man made love that could not understand the intricate details or intimacy that is Christ. Today I woke up and realized that God's plan was intentional. So yeah I'm here lost, empty, unfulfilled, and alone. Lacking....

So this is my journey back to him....back to joy, back to peace, back to happiness, back to where I belong. This won't be easy.....but I'm here. The ONLY important thing is that when he looks at me he sees his blood not the sin that would cause him to turn away from me. 

So here goes nothing....


2 comments:

  1. I feel this exact way all the time!!! My problem is I pray, when I'm hurt, I pray when I feel my kids need protection. I don't read my bible enough yet. I know God I grew up in the church just everyday life throws me off ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome is it that we serve a God who looks past what we've done, past our mess and just genuinely loves us for who we are. I can say for sure I've not met a soul on earth who has. When I had nothing I had him. When I felt I couldn't push forward I had him. He's always been the constant in my life even when I didn't hear his voice or heed his instruction. One day you will wake up and realize how he put you back together with no reminisce that you had ever been broken. No glue marks. No tape lines.

      Delete