Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Embracing the "NO"


"The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the souls who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:25-26

Sometimes there are things that just don't make sense. Circumstances that just don't seem fair. Trial that aren't ideal, and but have the ability to test our faith. You pray and pray and pray for a breakthrough yet door after door is shut in your face. If this is not your truth it most definitely is mine....yet a still voice inside of me tells me its not over!

I have taken solace in knowing that God is intentional! Each circumstance, each trial, each test all to prepare us for the next season in our life. Sometimes you have to experience sadness to appreciate happiness. Sometimes you have to feel overpowering stress to recognize God-provisioned peace. Anything worth having is worth working hard for, right?? Has that become nothing more than a cliche term?! Lamentation says the Lord is good to those that wait....that means there has to be a belief that something is going to happen. Having a firm or even shaky belief (mustard seeds people, mustard seeds!) that something will happen is an exercise of FAITH!! Believing that although you have not seen the Lord he will manifest the things that you hope for without evidence puts God into action. He knows that you are not believing in yourself or your ability, but you are waiting for his move. This verse says something very key for the wait....it says "the souls who seek him"! How do you seek him? Through his word, through prayer, through a strong desire to know and experience his love.

When you have experienced his love and a personal relationship with Christ it causes you to seek him for the desire of your heart and to want only what he wants for you. Nothing else will do as nothing else is good enough. Wait quietly on him....when you are quiet and seeking him you can hear him clearly. Your movements become his movement, your actions become out of a place of love for him. Waiting is not easy....so by no means think that I am offering some whimsical journey of lollipops and rainbows. By no means waiting is challenging! It requires you to get outside of yourself to grow. God can not bless you with exceedingly and abundantly more than you can ask for if he does not know that you will be a good steward of those things. There are things he needs to work out in you. This happens with time. Time to align yourself with his Word. Time to die of yourself daily. There are dark places within you that God needs to shine his light. There are areas that God wants to build your confidence in. There are experiences he needs you to face and grow from. I'll be transparent for a moment...

My wait...

I've always desired to be a wife. In my singleness I am learning the areas that I have fallen short in past relationships. Parts of me that need to heal and grow. Additionally, waiting has taught me to rely on God. Not myself. Not a relationship. Not anything else other than God. Its hard because it requires me to be honest with myself and not blame others. I want to be all that God wants me to be in all areas of my life. I want to be ready for what God has for me. I seek God in every areas of my life, and I have not always been able to do that. There has always been a part of me that did not want to have to depend on anyone. This was because of years of let down. I'm thankful for the wait....I don't want what Kiva wants for me....I want what God wants for me. Sometimes "feeling" cloud that so I seek God to navigate me through how I feel. So now when God presents me with a No I say ok (this doesn't mean my feelings feel quite the same) because I KNOW he has so much better for me. He can see further into the future than myself so I HAVE to trust that its is good that I wait.

Will you wait with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment