Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Commit to a Relationship with God

     This is for my single ladies and gentlemen. God wants you to pursue him, allow him to be the head of your life, and then he will bless you with his very best. Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." This means before we seek fortune, fame, a new car, a new house, impure relationships, etc. We should first seek a genuine relationship with God. How do we do this?? By accepting Jesus as our personal Savior as he gave his life in order for ours to be eternal. Once you accept Christ, God can come into your heart. When your desire becomes to please God with your life, your body, your heart, your everything then God can bless your life. If God doesn't know you will honestly place him first in your life then how can you honestly expect him to bless you with a mate??

Begin to commit to a relationship with God. Begin to date Christ. How can you date Christ??
  • Spend time talking to him.
  • Allow him to be your sole provider.
  • Allow him to protect you from danger.
  • Profess him as your own.
     Think back to a time when you were in a relationship.You and that person were stuck together like glue...late night conversations, a eagerness to learn their likes/ dislikes, a desire to be protected/ safe, a open heart, a willingness to change for the bettering of the relationship. Sounds familiar?? Well it is the same with God. Isaiah 54:5 says, "For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy one of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth." DEEP!!!!
     I have the best late night conversation with God there I can pour out my heart to him. I search God's Word eager to find the things God is pleased and displeased with. I know that no weapon formed against me shall prosper because God is protecting me from harm and danger. My heart is open to God because he has been a constant force in my life even when I did not recognize him. And because I have opened my heart to God, and am constantly finding things not of him I welcome change in my life. I yearn to be righteous and found faithful in the sight of God.
     God wants to be your "soul" mate! He is your redeemer!!! When you begin to draw closer to God, spend time with him, and talk to him just as he was your companion then things will change. He will find you faithful, and bless you with his good and perfect thing (husband or wife) he made specifically for you. This is something you have to get a hold to and be relentless with. God is selfish when it comes to his relationship with us. And rightfully so because we were bought with a price, his son Jesus Christ. I can not imagine giving either of my daughters so that other people could have a abundant life, and watch as they make me last in their lives and choose the world/ sin over me. Not gonna happen, which gives you a idea of God's enduring mercy.
     I didn't know love prior to giving God my life, but I took the steps to let him into my heart. These things that I am saying aren't areas in my life that I don't also follow. I am not married, but I know my husband is out there. When God sees fit he will bless me with that person. But until God does I have made him my all. When I am upset, I talk to him. When I wake up in the morning instead of rolling over and saying good morning to a husband I say good morning to him. When I am in need of something, I ask God because as a good husband he provides. When I am alone I talk to God, and meditate on his Word and this comforts me just as if he was rocking me in his arms.
     Allow God to be your companion. Welcome him into your heart. He is a gentlemen, so he wants to be asked in his will never barge in on you. Show yourself faithful to have that companion God has for you.

God bless you,

Kiva Thompkins
Remember to follow me on Twitter @ksweet84

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kiva,

    This is really good stuff, and i was really blessed by it.

    Can i encourage you to change the font of your blog cos its really hard to read. Something simple and bold like times new roman, cambria or calibri would be nice.

    Keep working on your salvation and seeking God. God bless

    ReplyDelete