Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sex ain't better then God!

     Okay allow me the opportunity to vent just a little because I am seeing this craziness around me that I have to comment on.....
     Our bodies are a temple of God! We do not belong to ourselves. We have to remember that we were bought with a price. I'm not talking a few dollars I am talking a life. Jesus gave his life that we may have an eternal existence. This is evident in I Corinthians 6:19-20. "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods." 
     When I finally decided I was going to do things God's way I thought the hardest thing I would have to give up would be sex. I will be honest with you I couldn't imagine not having sex. I had been conditioned to the worlds way of thinking, in which sex was not specially designated for marriage. I believed I would never have a successful relationship if it were not apart of it because every guy I came in contact with would flee when they found out I was not going to give myself to them. Completely ridiculous way of thinking, but I want to be honest so that God can get the glory out of my life.
     Well I wanted my relationship with God to be a serious one. I didn't want anything or anyone to get in the way of me truly getting to know the Lord. If there was a sin that prohibited me from being close to God then I wanted no part of it. So I prayed and asked God that he keep me. Though I was not convinced in my mind I pressed forward in faith that God would change my thoughts. The first month or so having made that decision I slipped, and had sex. I felt so bad, and for the first time had been convicted in my heart by God. After that feeling I knew that the Holy Spirit I read about in the Bible and heard people talk about was indeed real. I could feel him on the inside of me correcting my heart where I had fallen short, and that gave me joy! Never again, despite my falling short never again. At that point I felt I owed it to God because of the way he was pursuing me since I began to pursue him. So two plus years later God is still keeping me....AMEN!!!
     I am criticized for being celibate, and people make statement that I will be single forever unless I relax my standards or that I can't honestly expect someone to buy the car without test driving. LOL! Well yes I do expect the husband that God has for me to wait because that is the way God willed it in his Word. I used to get upset, but now I think its comical the way the devil uses people. I Corinthians 10:13 says, "So, whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." It doesn't glorify God to have sex with random people who have not established as much as a commitment with you. I have standards for myself and take my walk with God very seriously. I know the value of my existence through Christ. We have to set standard for our lives and this comes by way of knowing your worth. We are worth so much to God, and he proved that with Jesus's life. I'm better then defiling my body with fornication, I deserve to be pursued as God pursued me. I require a marital commitment before allowing someone to make their way into my bed.
     I am standing on a promise that if I honor God with my life and my body, he has a husband for me. I don't get upset when a guy stops pursuing me because I'm celibate that just lets me know its not my good and perfect thing sent from God. Just imagine being pursued by a truly fantastic person only to be dismissed because of your unwillingness to live contrary to the word or God. That just means that the person God has for you is more fantastic then the one who walked away! That is intriguing and keeps me faithful to that God has someone just for me set aside for the right season. My desire is to do only God's will and I have a promise that God has established a plan to prosper me and give me the desires of my heart. Jeremiah 29:11 makes clear this plan by saying, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declared the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
     My prayer is that you do not feed into the trick of the enemy. He wants you to believe its cool to have sex without a commitment of marriage. I'm sorry if I step on any toes, but there is nothing cool about sin or going to Hell. We have to make a decision. Give our whole life and body over to God so that he can deliver us from our sin or make a bed in Hell. Place value on your body! You deserve a commitment its not stuck up to require one.

Don't let the devil trap you up with what people say about your decision to abstain from sex. Stand boldly on God's promise that when you are faithful to his Word, he will pour out blessings in your life.

Your worth the wait!

Kiva Thompkins
Remember to follow me on Twitter @ksweet84

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thank you for this, refreshing and true. :)

    ReplyDelete